Thursday, April 25, 2019

YES THE MOMENT IS THIS DAY - A POEM BY A.H. SCOTT






Image result for woman smiling gif








Yes The Moment Is This Day



There was no yesterday 
There was no tomorrow
There is yes in the moment 
The moment is now 
Now is the moment that takes the breath from my lungs
Howl of hooray for another new day 
Exhalation of the sun about to set down 
Shoes kicked off and a few inches shorter in stocking feet 
Wiggling my toes as I tap them against the cold floor 
Scribbling some words in a memo of light yellow color
Laughing, as I recall the way I met a cool fella 
Shy, as I am, I thought he wouldn't notice me
But, he did, as we bumped into each other at the copier machine
How cliche a moment, I thought to myself 
He smiled and introduced himself 
I wasn't looking for anyone new 
But, there he was in full view
Not of my eyes alone
My mind opened to this fella who wasn't the type I thought would look at me
But, he did
But, he did 
Docile isn't his groove
Yet, this fella is oh so smooth 
Moments can be invisible to one who doesn't want to see 
Moment of a new friendship happened to me
Moments are what you make of them 
Mole hill or mountain can be the varying degrees
Mellow smiles abound from our lips 
Blind yesterday 
Now, I can see

- A.H. Scott 
4/25/12







No comments:

Post a Comment