Saturday, April 13, 2019

WAS - A POEM BY A.H, SCOTT

No photo description available.








WAS 



Was that day she came into my life, something that didn't happen? 

Was a stroll in the park by myself alone?

Was it her laughter? 

Was it her kisses against my bearded chin?

Was it her fingertips against chiseled chest by pumped iron?

Was it a folly to think a man like myself in her life could fit in?

Was this only a dream to be wanted by her? 

Was a fool blinded by a creation of miracle or myth?

Was my memory faulted by reality of who she REALLY was?

Did I believe she loved ME above any other guy in this world?

Could I be the man of her DREAMS?

never WAS.....was SHE? 

I still dream.....for that's all that will set me FREE..... 




- A.H. Scott 

4/13/13

No comments:

Post a Comment