Tuesday, April 30, 2019

HOT AND COLD - THE POETRY OF A.H. SCOTT


Image may contain: one or more people and text









No longer do I scream, for you have taken my voice
Holding onto this floor, as if it were my safety blanket
Impression of your fist against my skin has formed several islands of pain
Black and blue and brown are some
Yet, those that have started healing are turning a yellowish hue
I'll be the perfect wife
I'll be the perfect cook
I'll be the perfect f**k for you
Just don't hit me again
I'll be anything but your punching bag anymore
My voice has become a smothered whisper as I promise you on this floor
As your fist unclenched, you actually rub my back and walk away
Cold compress I press to my face.....

***************

Love and hate. Laughter and tears. Joy and fears. When a relationship unravels, silence takes the place of self-esteem. Reclaim your voice in A.H. Scott’s “Hot and Cold (Find Your Voice)”. 

“The Poetry Of A.H. Scott: Hot and Cold (Find Your Voice)”. 








No comments:

Post a Comment