Thursday, June 6, 2019

THE UNWANTED GUEST - THE POETRY OF A.H. SCOTT








Color of coal enveloped the air, as I watched this guest sit across my table in a chair
Being who snickered confidently added "Did you think you could avoid my visit forever?"
I wished this would see me never
Yet, here I was seated with darkness before me
"Make it quick" I cried out
Gun pulled out and waved about, as enemy of existence whistled a bit
I couldn't believe Death would taunt me such
But, after all I've done over the years I deserve this comeuppance so much
Seventy-seven soldiers I'd sent to the front.........

******************

For one who thinks history has forgotten about him, he can't escape from "The Unwanted Guest".

The Poetry Of A.H. Scott: The Unwanted Guest.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/574180






No comments:

Post a Comment