Monday, June 3, 2019

ALWAYS IN MY HEART - A POEM BY A.H. SCOTT









Always In My Heart 




Always in my heart 
Where did we start?
On the avenue as we passed a little after noon
Cup of tea sipped by me and you in the cafe on the corner
The words of three came from our lips and the whirlwind began
The words of two came and my name became yours
Standing besides you now
You are always in my heart
Even when the night gets too cold and we get too old
I'll remember the laughs and the joy we shared
Spats come and spats go
Never let me go
From the beginning of how we met
Brewing within us both that day, a mutual passion carried us away
It's definitely something I'll shall never forget
Holding each other as we stop near the park by the river
Always in my heart



- A.H. Scott 
2/2/12


No comments:

Post a Comment