Wednesday, June 19, 2019

FASCINATION - A POEM BY A.H SCOTT







Image may contain: fruit and food




FASCINATION 


Was it the way he looked?
Was it the way he talked?
Was it the confidence that he exuded when he walked?
Or, was it just a daydream I had as I rang up the cash register?
Conveyor belt rolled forward with a few items of insignificance
Mentos, kiwis, French bread and a pound of Swiss passed my eyes
As each item beeped, I nodded to an internal beat
Then, his voice captured my ears
Fascination's fantasy in the flesh appeared
He had this smile that perked up my boring day
Two words passed his lips, "Red wine".
"Sorry, we don't sell red wine, sir" ,I softly said.
He chuckled a bit and added, "Not for my purchase, lovely lady. But, for you to have dinner with me tonight".
"I get off at 7".
Ooops, maybe I shouldn't have gushed so giddily
He was charmed by that line and said two words to me, "Most definitely".
Scooping up the items into a bag, I handed him his change and he lightly squeezed my hand
He asked my name and I got his too
As he walked out, a pair of words left my mouth, "Most definitely".
Turning around and smiling at me, "After 7, getting off definitely will be".
Oh, Fascination take me away.....
7 on the dot
He took me away and a midnight kiss hit the spot..............




- A.H. Scott

9/19/13




No comments:

Post a Comment