Friday, June 14, 2019

OF SOLES AND DREAMS - A POEM BY A.H. SCOTT










OF SOLES AND DREAMS 


My slipper!

My slipper!

Oh, where did it go?

My heart is beating so

I met the Prince tonight

Could my dreams ever go right?

My dreams are like pumpkin seeds

Not a carriage to take me back to the shack where I live

But, my soles are solid enough to survive any fit

Glass slipper was made for a woman of worth

My feet have known only shabby sandals that are covered with dirt

Maybe I could be the one a Prince might see as sparkling

After all, when we waltzed across the shimmering marble floor, he was quite charming

I'm not to the manor borne

I'm just plain Cindy with a raggedy frock which is worn out and torn

No fairy dust can make me a Queen

Yet, in my heart I know being royalty ain't all it's cracked up to be

People bowin' and curtsyin' like Weebles on speed

Let me hold onto my pumpkin seeds

Carriage is a myth to come to bear

I'm a dreamer, not a schemer

Prince Charming is a dream

But, I like being awake to see the twinkling stars tonight

Let me be ME.....just Cindy!!

- A.H. Scott

9/10/11





No comments:

Post a Comment