Saturday, March 30, 2019

WHERE'S A LIFESAVER WHEN YOU NEED ONE? - A POEM BY A.H.. SCOTT


No photo description available.






Where's A Lifesaver When You Need One?




Drowning
Drowning in tears
Drowning in fears
Drowning in the river of disapproval over all these years
Drowning in downing who I am and who I was




Drowning
Drowning for love
Drowning for peace





Drowning for that heavenly cry of relief





Lifesaver be true
Lifesaver tossed to me from you
Lifesaver isn't a saver of life after all
Keeps you afloat for a while
But, just treading water isn't my style
Actually, it's a brass ring at the end of a rope
It's the rope that I need






Rope to cling to in the middle of a stormy sea
Connected to the ship of my own salvation
I hold on tight, for the twisting line and howling winds push my body about in the night
There is no hand held out to the castaway on the move
On an island of my own vanishing doom
Kick away the seaweed and rags washed upon the rocks
My island is paradise






Drowning is a life saver of sorts.
It proves you're not the weak, little girl with rope burns on your palms
Your soul is your buoy and you keeps you afloat
Nobody is holding you beneath the waves of doubt
The only person keeping you feeling down is yourself





Float high
Float on
Tears fade
Doom vanishes
Storm clouds blow over
Hold the conch shell to your ear






See the island yet?
I do
If you don't yet - look deep enough inside and you will.......



- A.H. Scott
11/20/11





No comments:

Post a Comment