Thursday, January 31, 2019

TIME'S TICKING - A POEM BY A.H. SCOTT






TIME'S TICKING



Time’s ticking

He’ll be here soon
Gotta get ready
My heart’s racing like I’m in Le Mans
Oh, it’s gonna be nice to see him again
So long it has been…
Oh, yeah…just a few months
But, just getting ready to see him again has made my body tingle like it used to the first time
Rolling out of bed, tossing hair upon my head
Bobby pins don’t fail me now….
Gotta shower with lavender, just like he likes
Wow, I’m acting like a kid again when I think about him
But, he’s a man….all man and I wouldn’t have him any other way
Time’s ticking
Gotta get dressed
Trashing my closet for the right thing to wear
I found a white silk blouse and red skirt and red shoes to put on
When he gets here, blue will be what we will share
Knock…knock
Baby, let’s rock….
When I opened the door, our lips locked…
- A.H. Scott
12/19/12

No comments:

Post a Comment