Saturday, January 5, 2019

I QUIT! - A POEM BY A.H. SCOTT


I QUIT

I quit. I quit the race. I quit the competition. My legs are short. My hands are too small. My age is too old. My bones creak. My marrow is weak. My brain is drained. My options are liquidated.


My wisdom is rolling away like a wave off a sandy beach. 
My longing for acceptance is never within reach

.

I shake the fabric of white and brace for cover.
I'm done and passed over.


It's over.

But, suddenly here it comes across the horizon.
I won.


I'm me.

If you don't like it, move along.
If you like it, then hear my song.

Flesh not like a girl of her twenties.
Or even a certain type of bunny

.

No, I'm not jealous.
But, I can produce a pout to myself when need be.
I use my wit and biting charm sarcastically.



Syntax 
Tic-tacs
Brain going full tilt



I may never be the one that's the sexiest, prettiest or lightest on my feet as I glide across the dance floor to a throbbing urban beat.
But, then again, a rhythmic sway in a crowded club isn't such a life altering feat




Peel my skin off and be enraptured by my mind
And, when you see my skeleton, please be kind

But, damn it's the way God got me built..

- A.H. Scott 
12/29/11

No comments:

Post a Comment