Friday, January 11, 2019

A TIME TO RETHINK - A FREESTYLE RANT BY A.H. SCOTT



A TIME TO RETHINK - A FREESTYLE RANT BY A.H. SCOTT

"RANT ON - Trust isn't like tissue paper. It isn't used to blow my nose with when I feel a sneeze coming on. It's not going to be discarded into the trash with my snot of indifference or carelessness for your feelings upon it. Human beings are always looking for a connection to another. Whether we want to admit it or not. That is something that propels us forward in our relationships. Trust is a bond of me saying that I will never betray a confidence you tell me. And, I in turn trust in knowing that you have a moral compass in not ratting me out to anyone else. Trust is not static. Trust is singular and constant. There is no middle ground of thinking or believing you will turn you back on me. Those of our blood may never truly deserve our trust, for they know how to make the deepest cuts in our psyches. They can get inside of our hearts and twist the knife with a gusto of a Spanish inquisitor. Cynics are cloistered in the belief that the whole world is out to shaft them, in one way or another. There are moments that this is true. Yet, with age, we've all learned to weed out the leeches, liars and nerve-wreckers in our lives. Trust me, he or she might say; as the scam of business or personal dealings come your way. Yet, that tinge of yellow in the corner of our weary eyes can detect the conversation of such slick words. Your eyes won't lie to you, if you trust you instincts. Trust your own mind and the bond of truth can become unbreakable.....- RANT OVER" - 1/3/12





No comments:

Post a Comment