Monday, December 17, 2018

BUCKLED - A POEM BY A.H. SCOTT



B u c k l e d


Why wait? 
Tomorrow may be too late
My knees buckle when he walks into the room
Yet, every other woman has his attention, but me
Why wait? 



Oh, I know I'm a fool to hesitate
But, if I put myself forward into his eye's view.....the mystery will vanish 



Buckle my nerves with knees knocking and Kleenex grasped between fingers
Like a girl with a crush of decades past....I wonder will I ever be good enough to pass?
Not the test of time is what I imagine to not pass with flying colors in his eyes
Yet, failing to be the woman he would be proud of having on his arm as he enters a room
Why wait? 



My lips are mute
As is the answer I could speak to myself
Why wait is not the question I should hear inside my head?
Rather, it should be: Are you willing to take a chance? 
You'll never know if you don't speak up
Buck up
Walk up to that man who has bewitched you and say one word - HELLO...

- A.H. Scott
12/17/13


No comments:

Post a Comment