Sunday, December 30, 2018

AFTER THE FOOTLIGHTS START TO FADE - A POEM BY A.H. SCOTT




AFTER THE FOOTLIGHTS START TO FADE  

...When the mask comes on, the persona is strong. At the end of the night, Noxzema reveals the girl of years gone by. Wipe off the grime of the leeches that affix to the mask and I'm left as me - Simply Norma Jean.....

...Not angel, I am far from that. Yet, I am not this creation of the studios and the photogs craning their necks to get that perfect shot. 

....Playing the dumb blond is my bread and butter. But, give me the chance and I'll prove I can make a main course out of a juicy character. You see, I ain't so dumb after all.....

...Footlights fade....but the myth forever lingers on like a wisp of Chanel upon the wrist....



- A.H. Scott 

12/30/12






No comments:

Post a Comment