Sunday, July 24, 2022

This H.E.R.O. Don’t Need No Backup – A.H. Scott

 


Here Everything Remains Optional 
(An Original A.H. Scott) 




I go back to Tip O’Neill’s quote about all politics being local to make the point that Liz Cheney is as the motto says: “Proudly Working for Wyoming‟. The people of her district in Wyoming are her constituents and she has the duty to advocate for them as any other politician from any district would.


That being said, I want to be fair as I write this article about someone whom I politically disagree. But, that does not mean I will close my eyes, my ears or my mind in avoiding one aspect of Liz Cheney’s public stance and duty which all that have taken the oath in defending the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.


I will be straight up and admit that I am a liberal who may not agree with Rep. Liz Cheney’s political stances. Okay, so she’s not a darling of the left or even trying to be. Clearly without rose colored glasses on, I know this is the reality. She makes no apologies about her ideology and I respect that.


So, why am I as a liberal giving a few words of respect or even a moment of applause for Rep. Liz Cheney? She doesn’t need an atta’ girl or pat on the back from anyone on the Democrat side of the ledger to make her feel some sense of being whole. This is not why I am writing this article. This is about how a person is treated by their own ilk, or those who are of the same commiserating kind when they decided to speak their conscience and take a position completely opposite to the grain.


Give props where props are due. I don’t need to go overboard in a wishy-washy Valentine for a conservative, but only to give a thumbs-up for another American citizen who has spoken truth to power……………

**read my full article or pickup a FREE pdf copy for yourself at the following location**

H.E.R.O. (PDF) – 


H.E.R.O. 



#article #essay #commentary #blog #democracy #constitution #truth #justice #blogger #writer

***When this was originally written in 2021, I never imagined I’d be giving myself a tiny pat on my own back  over how on target I was in defining the heroic stance that the focus of my article has made from back then to the present and onto the future*****


No comments:

Post a Comment