Wednesday, July 8, 2020

IVY BREEZE - A POEM BY A.H. SCOTT








Ivy Breeze 





I am Ivy

Then, there is the wind
Wind of the sun is not like that of the moon
Wind of the moon is not like that of the sun


Wind can be still
Wind can cause a commotion


Wind encapsulates Ivy with tempered care
Wind gently blows Ivy’s cells so spectacularly
Wind motions the vane to quarters ever so varied
Wind gusts when need be
Wind is fresh without staleness of air


Breeze excites the seasons of moods
Breeze can be unmoving, yet makes Ivy swirl
Breeze can be coupled with raindrops that brings a rainbow from above
Breeze has a temperature both high and low
Breeze shifts quick and slow
Breeze is what this flower knows

And, so with the compass of life it goes…..


He is the cool breeze teasing my vines
He is that hot whisper that curls my petals
He is the whistle beneath my underbrush
He is the bristle rolling my leaves
He is the roar that shakes my tree

I am Ivy and I know the breeze

Breeze along my branches blows my top
Breeze along my cascading vines is ever so fine
Breeze along my plush leaves never deceives
Yet, when wind penetrates my bud, Ivy blossoms

And, I know him as such

HE is the wind

A.H. Scott
7/8/14

***********************

Merry-Joseph Blondel - “Portrait Of A Woman Seated Beneath A Tree” (1830)


#NYC #poem

No comments:

Post a Comment